Found a new stain on your commercial carpet or entry mats? Here’s six quick tips for effective stain removal:
- Act fast! The fresher the stain, the easier it is to remove. Start working on removing stains as quickly as you can.
- Blot, don’t rub! Use absorbent, dry white cloths or clean sponges to blot the stain. Don’t rub the stain – rubbing only grinds the contaminant further into the carpet fibres. Use a white cloth so you can see when one part of it has become too saturated to absorb any more of the stain from your carpet and you can move to a fresh part of the cloth.
- Keep blotting! Use as many absorbent cloths as necessary, and keep blotting until you’ve absorbed as much of the stain as you can from your carpet. Keep blotting until the stain no longer transfers to a fresh area of the white cloth.
- Still a stain? If the stain is still noticeable, add a 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to a cup of water and apply the solution to the area of the stain using a clean cloth dampened with the solution.
- Blot some more. Work the solution from the outer edges of the stain to the inside. Blot, don’t rub!
- Wait a few minutes. Let the soap solution work on lifting out the stain from the carpet fibres. Blot the area dry, and repeat the process again if necessary.
Many stains can be really tough to remove, and sometimes you need professional help to get them out. If that’s your situation, give us a call – we can help!